Meal delivery services prep and cook food for you, bringing it to you ready to eat. They save you a substantial amount of time, as you won’t have to cook every night. Meal delivery services can also have a wide range of health benefits, from weight loss to a lower risk of diabetes and heart disease.
Many meal delivery services offer a wide range of plans that help you stick to a diet, whether it be keto or paleo. By having someone else choose, prep, and deliver the meals, you are much more likely to stick to the diet and lose weight.
Most meal delivery services use fresh ingredients, and the menus are designed to offer a wide range of options so that you get all of the nutrients you need. This can help your heart health, lowering cholesterol, and reducing the risk of hypertension.
Additionally, meal delivery services can help people who have recently lost a spouse. They can continue to eat a balanced diet without having to cook the meals themselves.
Although meal delivery services can be useful for many people, they’re not right for everyone. Some may also be more expensive than cooking for yourself, although pricing varies widely depending on the service. They may also not be available in all areas, so check with services to see if they will deliver to you.
1. Meal delivery services save time. Food prep takes up a significant amount of time every day. It’s estimated that Americans spend up to 40 minutes per day preparing and cleaning up. The number is even higher for those with large families, putting added stress and taking away free time.
Not only that but studies estimate that people can spend up to 45 minutes per day just shopping for food (1).
Meal delivery services allow you to avoid time cooking. This can free up a significant amount of time during the evening, letting you spend it on other activities. You can also spend more time with your family instead of cooking and cleaning dishes.
2. Meal delivery services help you eat a wider variety of food. To save time, many people cook the same food multiple times throughout the week. Although this can be efficient, it can lead to boring, repetitive meals. It can also mean that you’re not getting the right mix of nutrients needed in a healthy diet (2).
Meal delivery services constantly vary the options for your meals. This allows you to eat a wider variety of food throughout the week, as well as balance your diet. You can also try foods that you wouldn’t cook yourself.
3. Meal delivery services help you customize meals. If you live in a house with multiple people who have different dietary preferences, it can be hard to cook a meal that meets everyone’s needs. You may have to cook multiple different meals every night, taking up a significant amount of time.
Many meal delivery services allow you to choose from a variety of different options so that you can find food for everyone in the house. This saves you the time of having to cook extra meals and also ensures that everyone’s dietary needs are met.
4. Meal delivery services can help you lose the extra weight. When people cook, they often choose unhealthy foods and don’t include important nutrients in their meals. This increases the risk of weight gain, and may also have an impact on heart health. Studies have shown that people tend to pick out healthier food when they choose days in advance (3).
Meal delivery services allow you to choose your menu for the week, making it more likely that you select health options. Many meal delivery services also offer plans specifically designed to help you lose weight. They design and schedule the menus so that you stay on track as you diet. By having someone else cook for you, you’re much more likely to stick to your diet.
5. Meal delivery services help you save money on cookware. Cooking every night requires more than just getting food from the store. You’ll also have to have a fully stocked kitchen, with a wide range of pots, pans, and cutlery. The more you cook, the faster all of these will need to be replaced.
Meal delivery services allow you to eat a wide range of food without having to invest in specialized pots or pans. Since you won’t be cooking as much, you won’t need as many cooking devices, which will free up space in your kitchen. The ones that you do have will last longer, as you won’t be using them every night.
6. Meal delivery services help you avoid the grocery store and save time. Preparing food involves more than just cooking. You’ll have to make multiple trips to the grocery store every month, taking up a large amount of time. Going to the store can be stressful for elderly people, and carrying groceries can be difficult for those with limited mobility.
With food delivery services, you won’t have to visit the grocery store as often, saving time and money on transportation. The food comes directly to you whenever you need it, which can be particularly useful during periods where you don’t have time to go to the store.
7. Meal delivery services can provide much more nutritious than takeout. Often, people turn to takeout food when they don’t feel like cooking. Although this may be convenient in the moment, takeout food isn’t always nutritious, and can quickly lead to weight gain (4).
Meal delivery services offer a much healthier option than takeout food. You’ll get a balanced diet that covers all of the key nutrients you need. Additionally, they tend to be much cheaper than takeout food, saving you money over time.
8. Meal delivery services make it easy to stick to a diet. When people decide to go on a diet, they often find that it’s difficult to avoid food cravings and cook the right kinds of food. Meal delivery services make it much easier to follow a diet and avoid sugary foods.
Many services offer tailored plans that fit certain diet types, including paleo and keto diets. All of the meals that they send you will match the dietary criteria you specify. You won’t have to cook your own meals and figure out which ingredients are allowed in your diet.
9. Meal delivery services can help improve your health. It can be difficult to eat right, avoiding sugary and processed foods. When people get tired, they often turn to prepackaged foods that are packed with preservatives and sugars. They may also choose to get unhealthy takeout food.
Meal delivery services offer the convenience of prepackaged food while still allowing you to eat healthily. This can lead to a wide range of health benefits, lowering the risk of obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
Eating a more balanced diet can also give you better energy throughout the day, leading to more focus and concentration at work and during exercise (5).
You’ll also have fewer energy crashes throughout the day, as blood sugar levels will be more consistent. Additionally, many meal delivery services allow you to create plans that are tailored to your health needs. If you want to lower your cholesterol or steer clear of carbs, you can find a meal delivery service that matches your dietary requirements.
10. Meal delivery services are helpful for the elderly. As people begin to age, cooking can become increasingly stressful. The time and effort it takes to cook can lead to fatigue, and people may turn to unhealthy alternatives to avoid making their own meals.
They may also not eat enough, as they may not want to make trips to the grocery store due to limited mobility (6).
Meal delivery services are one of the best ways of getting proper nutrition without taking the time to cook yourself. They can give you more energy, as you don’t have to spend a large portion of the evening preparing meals and cleaning up.
Furthermore, meal delivery services can help elderly people who have lost a spouse. They may not want to cook for themselves, or their partner did most of the cooking. Meal delivery services offer an easy way to continue to eat a balanced diet.
1. Meal delivery services can take away from family eating time. Studies have shown that cooking can be beneficial for families, especially when they cook together. If you use a meal delivery service for your family, you may benefit from cooking a few nights per week (7).
2. Meal delivery services can be bland and lack a variety of nutrients. Meal delivery services come with a wide range of food options, some healthier than others. When ordering, make sure to vary your choices so that you get a full range of nutrients throughout the week (8).
Although you will be able to customize your own meals, there’s always the risk that you won’t like every meal. It may take some time to find the meals that you like from the service.
3. Meal delivery service food can actually make meal time longer. Although they can save you a good amount of time, you’ll still have to spend time heating up the food. This can take up to 45 minutes, and you may still have to spend some time cleaning up.
4. Meal delivery services produce a lot of waste. Most of the meals come in separate packages. Although some are reusable, there will be a lot of waste over time, which can be bad for the environment (9).
5. Meal delivery services may be small portions. If you’re going on a plan as part of a diet, it may also take time to adjust to the smaller portion sizes. You may also not get enough food if you are active and exercise regularly, so make sure to choose a plan that’s suited to your lifestyle.
6. Meal delivery services can sometimes be much more expensive than cooking at home. This depends on the specific service, so make sure that the plan you choose is offering a good value compared to what you normally spend on groceries.
Many meal delivery services have a variety of different plans, with menus that vary depending on your dietary needs. They will have you pick out your meals in advance, usually for the week ahead.
If you are using a meal service plan as part of a diet, make sure that your dietary needs are specified when you fill out your orders. Many services can cater to your specific needs and design menus that are tailored to your diet.
The food arrives in coolers, but it could go bad fairly quickly if you don’t heat it or refrigerate. Make sure you give them a delivery time where someone will be around to handle the food.
Most meals should last for 5 to 7 days, depending on the ingredients. If you don’t plan on eating them within that time period, freeze them to avoid food waste. Frozen meals should be good for around 2 months.
If you are going out of town, make sure to pause your meal service. Many allow you to do so online or by calling. It may take a few days for them to process the pause request, so do it advance.
Are meal delivery services more expensive than cooking yourself? It depends on the service as well as the meals that you prepare yourself. Meal delivery services can cost around the same as cooking yourself, although they’ll often cost a bit more.
However, when you consider the time you save on cooking, as well as needing less cookware, many people end up saving money by using meal delivery services.
Can you choose your meals with meal delivery services? With most services, yes. Many will give you the choice between a variety of different options every day, although the number of choices will depend on the service. Most services will ask you to choose your meals in advance for the week.
Some services will let you choose specific diet plans as well, with all of the meals customized so that they fit specific dietary needs.
Do meal delivery services bring food every day? It depends on the service. Some will only deliver on certain days, giving you multiple meals at once. Others will deliver every day, or on the days that you choose to have them bring food.
Delivery times also vary depending on the service, with some delivering at set times, while others will let you choose a time that’s right for you.
Is the food from meal delivery services fully cooked? Yes, most meal delivery services will bring you fully cooked food. They may occasionally offer food that is not fully cooked and needs to be baked in the oven, but in most cases, the food only needs to be reheated.
How long will the food last from meal delivery services? Since most of the food that is delivered will be precooked, it usually lasts from around 5 to 7 days. If you don’t plan on eating in within a few days, it may be better to freeze it.
Can meals from meal delivery services be microwaved? Yes, most meals can be heated up in the microwave. Meal delivery services often package the food in microwave-safe containers, so you won’t have to take it out before you eat.
Can you pause meal delivery services? Most meal services let you pause if you’re going out of town or don’t want food delivered for a few days. The maximum pause length will vary depending on the service. Some will let you pause indefinitely and continue whenever you want. Others will only allow you to pause for a few weeks.
Is there a minimum number of meals that must be delivered each week from meal delivery services? Yes, most plans will require that you purchase a certain number of meals per week. This minimum varies depending on the plan, so check with services to see the specifics of the plans they offer.
Will meal delivery services accommodate your dietary needs? In most cases, yes. Meal delivery services work with a wide range of clients, many with specific dietary needs. They can work with you to design a menu that fits your diet. You may also be able to find services that have preexisting diet plans designed for vegans, people who are gluten intolerant, and those who are on a keto diet.
Why are meal delivery services important? Using food delivery services saves you time. Nowadays, people are faced with a situation in which they do not have time to cook or prepare food.
What types of food and meal delivery services are there? Retail food delivery is a courier service in which a restaurant, store, or independent food delivery company delivers food to a customer. Other aspects of food delivery include catering and wholesale food service deliveries to restaurants, cafeterias, health care facilities, and caterers by foodservice distributors.
How do meal delivery services make money? There are 3 ways food delivery services make more money: Charging a fee to the restaurants you will be representing; Asking restaurants for a share of every order placed through food delivery system; Charging your customers delivery fee or convenience charges.
Can you lose weight with meal delivery services? Yes, it is possible to lose weight with meal delivery services. It really depends on the amount of calories consumed over the day and week. If you eat too much, you will gain weight, regardless of the meal delivery service.
Is there a meal delivery service for one person? Unfortunately, there are no meal delivery services that do single-serving deliveries. Instead, they’ll provide you with two servings. However, some of them may have slightly smaller portion sizes and are less expensive than normal meal delivery services.
Meal delivery services bring freshly prepared food directly to you, saving you time on cooking and shopping. They can also have a wide range of health benefits, helping you eat a more balanced diet.
Many people spend over an hour per day cooking and cleaning. Meal delivery frees up this time for other activities, allowing you to be more productive in the evening. You can also spend more time with your family instead of cleaning up.
Furthermore, there are a number of health benefits that come from using meal delivery services. You can choose a wide variety of diet plans, making it easy to avoid sugary and processed foods. They are also an excellent option for elderly people or those who live alone, allowing them to get a balanced diet without having to cook for themselves. They can also benefit people with movement disabilities who are unable to carry groceries.
Although meal delivery services do come with a range of benefits, they may not be right for everyone. Some plans can be expensive, and they may not deliver to all areas.